Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Indoor Track

Once I got back to Oklahoma, training and workouts with the team were back in full swing. After a few different racing plans were bounced around, I opened up my season with Kyle King at the OU home meet in the mile. It was very tactical and I won in a fairly easy 4:17 on a tight track. After that, we went to Arkansas for the Razorback invitational.
I ran the mile and ran a respectable 4:08. The race went out a little slow for me and I got beat in the last half by guys that closed in 58 to my 60. I was happy with my race, but it was even better watching the return of Pat Casey to the track with his win in the fast heat of the mile. 
After Razorback it was back to training and my next race was the Tyson invitational at Arkansas. I ran the mile again, this time with Brandon Doughty and Ryan Poland. The race played out well for all of us and Ryan won in a 4:03, I ran a PR in 4:06 and Doughty ran 4:06 behind me, a very good time for a sophomore. Ryan ran a great race too, having come off a 8:01 3k at Razorback and having been a 10k guy before this season.  
After this race, it was time to get ready for the indoor conference meet. Coach had me run a tune-up 1000 at the home meet the week before, which I felt great in and won easily, albeit in a slow time. At big 12, Coach considered me for the lead off of the DMR to save Frezer for his individual events. I ended up not doing it and just ran the 3k on the last day of the meet, in the slow heat. I ran well and moved up through the field to run 8:12 and tried to chase down the leaders, but ran out of steam in the last 300. 
Overall, a good season with two good PRs and three good races overall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment