Sunday, March 25, 2012

Monmouth Mile

This weekend's competition was an open mile race at Monmouth University. I had heard through the grapevine that Princeton was sending their whole team to run this race, which was good enough for me. In the fast heat there was myself, a Monmouth guy with about the same mile PR as me, and fourteen Princeton guys. A few of them were running just to race, but a few were also there to pace Donn Cabral to a four minute mile. Since there were 16 people the first lap was all pushing and shoving as Cabral's group separated from the rest. I ran in the second pack for the middle stages.


I felt good in the middle two laps but due to the crowding it would have been a waste of energy to swing out and surge. The last lap went about as well as can be expected and I kicked into 5th finishing in 4:08.45, just off my indoor PR. I felt better and more in control this time around.

Coming up next weekend is the NIRCA meet, where I'll run more miles, and after that is the first really important race on my schedule, the 5k at Colonial Relays.

No comments:

Post a Comment