Sunday, February 12, 2012

Lafayette/Rider indoor meet recap

This past Friday I ran the second race of my rather lackadaisical indoor campaign. I ran 1 mile in 4:08.27 and it was technically a PR by 11 seconds (!), although since I ran 4:11 for 1600 last week it wasn't quite that dramatic of a jump. Regardless it was a great step for me, and if the 4:11 split didn't convince me to concentrate on the 1500 outdoors then this certainly did. I got 4th behind three columbia guys who, I suspect, were shooting for a good IC4A qualifier. I would love to run in that meet this year, but due to our demotion last winter to club status, even if we meet the IC4A standards we can't run in the event because we don't have a program.

Championship meets or not, I'm very happy with this race, but the school record is less than 1 second away so I feel compelled to try again at the Collegiate Challenge meet at the armory on February 23. I'm sure I can squeeze a couple more seconds out in a well-run race, but we'll see. Running the mile is so nice, I don't know how I'll go back to the 5k when spring rolls around!

No comments:

Post a Comment