Sunday, August 28, 2016

Can't catch a break

Up until about 2.5 weeks ago, training was going as planned. I had resumed training in the beginning of June and gotten in some good work through most of that month and July, with two down weeks planned for vacation during which I still managed to get some running in. After getting in very good training back from those vacations, I ran probably the best workout of my life and immediately got sick. When I say immediately, I mean I jogged home from the workout in the park, showered and started getting chills and not wanting to eat. I was sick with fairly high fever for four days. I started running again, felt bad all week (not entirely unexpected, but very frustrating) and after a mediocre long run that following weekend picked up a muscular injury that has now bothered me for a week. 

I need to be rational here and take my own advice, which would be take a couple days OFF (no cross training bullshit, actually off) and treat the hell out of it and hope for the best. What frustrates me the most about this is the timing; this could not be worse unless it was right before the Big Race. Right when I want to really be crushing the specific workouts, I am hamstrung in my prep right now and can see a PR slipping away as I sit around unable to gain any fitness because I can't run. What's also frustrating is that it seems as though I can't run in the mornings but can run later in the day once whatever the problem is has warmed up/loosened up. Normally I wouldn't care and would power through, but considering the races are all in the mornings, if I don't get this sorted out ASAP I'm totally fucked for racing, even if I can work out just fine in the evening. Just trying to keep my head up and hope that this will go away quickly so I can get back to work before there's no point in even showing up to the races. 

No comments:

Post a Comment